Saturday 14 July 2012

100th Post Share


I don’t have any great downloads or anything like that, but I will tell you how I make money through EPN. This is nothing earth shattering, but It gives me about $100 bucks a month off a few sites. The more sites you have the more it is effective.
The first thing I do is keyword research. This is where a lot of people make their mistake. When creating a niche blog for EPN, people will use terms that are extremely popular and hard to compete for. People buy some weird crap off of eBay, but don’t be to focused on what is selling on eBay, be focused for what people are searching for in general. If I am looking to buy a GPS (would not suggest this term, it’s very competitive.) I am going to search for “cheap GPS”, inexpensive GPS, discount GPS, discounted GPS, used GPS, refurbished GPS, portable GPS, car GPS, very cheap GPS, wholesale GPS, etc. The point is use terms that people use when they are in the buying mode. If a person searches for just GPS they may just be finding out information. If a person uses a term like I mentioned above they are looking to buy. If you are using paid software like Micro Niche Finder, apps like that can help. But since this is geared to using free tools let’s continue with that thought. IMO, the G keyword tool, The big G itself, Wordtracker with Gtrends, and eBay are great free options. First go to eBay pulse and look for some ideas of items that are popular but not something that is too big ticket.
http://pulse.ebay.com/
After you get some ideas plug it into the Google Keyword Tool.
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
This will also give you some additional keywords as well as the approx. search count. I try to look for something that is around at least 2500 to 3000 searches a month, I am not trying to kill it on one site, but many.
After you think you have a decent term(s) paste it in to the Wordtracker Gtrend tool, and click on the little graph icon on the right after you run the term. This compares it in Gtrends using the traffic on a site that is known to the traffic of the predicted number one site. This will give you an idea how many visitors a number one spot for the term would get in a day.
http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/gtrends/
After I got this narrowed down I will run the term in Google with quotes to see what the competition looks like. I will also use Seo quake and Seo for FireFox to examine the links of the top sites as well as other dominating factors.
http://www.seoquake.com/
http://tools.seobook.com/firefox/seo-for-firefox.html
Here is a free software that can be used to also check a competitors backlinks and anchor text as well as other things.
http://tools.seobook.com/backlink-analyzer
Now that I got my terms figured out I need a domain. I will get a .info (because it is cheap) and use the term in the domain name. I never have had a .info de-indexed like bans users. That is because I don’t use bans. I use the free wordbay plugin on a WordPress blog to populate my site with the auctions.
http://www.itsgottabered.com/wordbay/
My first post will be the only post that I do. Let’s say I am targeting the keyword phrase “cheap purple carpet” I will write a post that is about 300 words or less using the term several times but not so much that it looks too spammy. The point of the post should be like you also like purple carpet but have a hard time finding it. That is why you created this site so you can help others find purple carpet…… I will put the keyword term in bold letters a couple times as well, and link the term back to my site once. Below I will configure wordbay to list about 20-50 auctions for the item in question. At the end of the auction list I will put a closing. “thanks for visiting the cheap purple carpet site. Please check back often as our site is always updated with new listings of cheap purple carpets……..
I also use the all-in-one seo plugin. I am going to try the seo platinum plugin to see how it works. The next thing I do is bookmark it at several sites. I use BMD but there are free alternatives like:
http://www.socialmarker.com/
and other sites
That is all I do. I get organic search. If someone were to actually do some blog commenting and get some links this would be killer. If you do want some links fom blogs google the term:
Code:
“this site uses keywordluv”+”your keyword”
This lets you find dofollow blogs that use the keywordluv plugin that let’s you link to your site with your keyword as anchor text. Make sure to use good comments on niche specific blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget