Thursday 29 March 2012

My Method to Supplement Your Income with Adsense By Doing what you Do Anyway


I am a laptop junky. I carry a laptop everywhere I go. My memory has always been utterly horribly. Consequently, I write almost EVERYTHING in my life down in my laptop.
In my computer right now, are thousands of pages of original content written by me.
These include:
  • Short stories
  • Poems
  • Book Reviews
  • Diary entries
  • Travel Pictures
  • Travel logs
  • Neurobiology notes
  • Computer Programming Tips
  • Tattoo Designs
  • Original art
  • Windows tips
  • Philosophy articles
  • Newspaper articles
  • Blah blah blah
So here’s my question.
Suppose that everything in your life (every note you ever took, every story you ever wrote, every fun fact you ever researched) was placed on your own personal blog.
That is to say, suppose that you were born in 1980. Suppose that when you turned 10 years old in 1990, you made a WordPress blog. (Yeah Yeah I know, wordpress wasn’t around then – just bear with me a moment.) Further, suppose that, ever since your 10th birthday, you made it your task to write one blog entry a day (at least). And these blog entries were just about things that were going on in your life that day anyway. For example, suppose one post started out something like:
“Today I learned that if you buy tickets to Hawaii using your Frequent flier miles, then you can save money if you purchase your tickets in advance via Delta Airlines.”
Ok so this is a pretty monotonous fact. I mean, who cares right – that’s a pretty boring article to 99.999% of the people on planet earth?
But look at how keyword-rich this sentences is.
Additionally, if our 10 year old subject, followed this routine, then by now (the year 2009) he would have a blog with a LOT of posts.
365 articles per year
19 years gone by
= 6,935 articles on his wordpress blog
Additionally, given that his online presence started early, he would, by this time, have thousands of backlinks linking to him. I mean someone, somewhere is going to find him interesting, and generate backlinks to his website.
Moreover, Google will love him because he’s making real keyword-rich content on an old established website.
So here’s my point, if a person doesn’t mind taking notes about their life anyway (e.g. look at how many people die with thousands of pages of diary entries under their beds) then should this person simply be posting these notes online, and hope that he’ll rank for whatever long tail keywords are floating around the internet that day.
And then, of course, put Adsense on his website – or adopt some other revenue outlet.
So my question is, should I just put all of my existing random notes from my life online in a wordpress blog, and just see what happens? Just see what sticks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget